Celebrate the Holidays with a Favorite Book and Give to our Book Drive
‘Tis the season to be jolly and to read! Sharing a story, especially around the holidays, is a King family tradition. That’s why The King Firm is hosting a holiday book drive. Drop your new or gently used favorite titles (holiday or not) at our office any time by December 31, and we will donate them, along with some of our favorites, to the Tifton-Tift County Public Library.
While we are at it, we’d like to share some of our favorite titles with you. Feel free to add these to your reading or Christmas shopping list, then snuggle up for a good read or tuck a paperback under the tree.
The King Family’s favorite holiday book:
- Twas the Night Before Christmas – J.L., his wife Brittney, and sons Tripp and Carlton all love this classic Clement Clarke Moore tale of a young boy and his encounter with Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.
J.L. King’s beloved reads:
- The Bible – while the Rules of Evidence should be required reading for trial lawyers, J.L. strives to focus on his faith and what he believes to be the greatest book of all.
- To Kill a Mockingbird – this American novel broaching the topics of racial injustice and a lawyer standing up for justice in the face of scorn from many “reputable” individuals should be a stalwart in the collection of any trial lawyer in any generation.
Top choices for Brittney King, J.L.’s wife:
- Where the Crawdads Sing – in this 2018 novel by Delia Owens two timelines intertwine. In the first timeline, a young girl grows up isolated in the marshes of North Carolina in the 1950s and 1960s. In the second, readers follow a murder investigation into the death of a local celebrity while authorities look to that same young girl, now grown up, to see if she had anything to do with it.
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott’s classic story of the coming of age of the March sisters.
The boys’ favorites:
- Tripp King’s top two:
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Jeff Kinney’s series hilariously details the daily adventures of young Greg Heffley, and includes a mix of text and simple drawings.
- Where the Red Fern Grows – Wilson Rawls’ classic about a boy and his two hunting dogs.
- Carlton King’s picks:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – Eric Carle’s classic picture book tells the story of a hungry caterpillar as he eats his way through the days of the week and ultimately turns into a beautiful butterfly.
- Little Blue Truck – in Alice Schertle’s colorful board book, a little blue pickup is helped by his farm friends when he finds himself stuck in the mud
We hope you have enjoyed learning more about our family’s favorite books. Share the gift of reading. Remember to bring your new or gently used book donations by The King Firm (1603 N. U.S. Highway 41, Tifton, GA 31794) by December 31.
Questions? Contact us at 229-515-8585. Happy Holidays!
Get Started with a Free Initial Consultation
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our contingency fee pay structure means you won’t pay fees until you receive the compensation you deserve.